- We’re a Two Tick disability employer
- We hold BS OHSAS 18001
- We’re positive about equality
- We’re strong on health & safety
- We put people first.
We have a great team of talented, caring people — so we care for them right back. We look after their health, safety and welfare and we won’t stand for any kind of discrimination. That’s why we’ve been awarded BS OHSAS 18001 (Occupational Health & Safety Management System) and JobCentre’s Two Tick accreditation.
Two Tick disability symbol
We’re proud to have been a Two Tick disability employer since 2010. This means we’re positive about employing disabled people and we recognise their abilities. Our accreditation was fast and straightforward, thanks to all the work we’d already put in over the years. As part of this:
- we interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum job criteria, and consider them on their abilities
- we talk to disabled staff about how we can help them and we’ll do everything we can to develop and utilise their abilities
- if an employee becomes disabled, we’ll do everything we can to help them stay in employment
- we ensure that all of our colleagues understand our commitments around disability
- every year, we review what we’ve achieved, plan ways to do better, and tell our people and Jobcentre Plus about it
BS OHSAS 18001
We take the health and safety of every colleague really seriously. After years of investing in the health, safety and welfare of our employees, the next natural step was being awarded BS OHSAS 18001 in 2010– that’s the occupational health & safety management system. Our accreditation helps keep us on track with a growing range of safety regulations which protect our staff, other people working on our site, and people who live and work around us.